Happy New Year! I’m a little late on that, but hey, I’m here. And yes, still on the diet. And no, I don’t have much to say about it except I love pulled pork and I made it in my new slow cooker I got for Christmas and do you know how wonderful it is to eat something different when you can’t have milk, eggs, nuts or soy? Geesh.
So, a few lovely blog buddies like this lovely lady have used the following template for a New Year’s post. And because I’m on my lunch break for a moment or so, I’ve decided to fill this out for fun. Funny, but the blog buds who did this same post are also new mommies, too! Yeah mom-power!!
OK, here we go:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Gave Birth. Nursed. Recovered physically. Loved like I have never loved before.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Um, no. I don’t even remember what they were. Bub and I wrote down ours for this year as well as accomplishments/achievements from last year. Hopefully we will keep to them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? England, for work.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? To have more patience.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 29th, the birth of Ian!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving Birth.
9. What was your biggest failure? Worrying all the time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Morning sickness. I also hurt my hip/lower back in a huge way half way through my maternity leave which isn’t great at all when you are trying to take care of a little one.
11. What was the best thing you bought? On our first outing as mom and son, we went to a baby store and I finally bought something blue because we didn’t find out the baby’s sex beforehand.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband, Bub, for being a huge support system for me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one’s?
14. Where did most of your money go? Baby classes and nursery decor.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being an expectant mama.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Not sure about this one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or more depressed? Happier–my life is brimming with contentment to be a mother and to have a family.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising, I guess. Had more fun instead of worrying about every little thing during my pregnancy. Chilled out.
19. you’d done less of? Worrying.
20. How will you spend Christmas? It already passed, but we spent it hosting the holiday at our house for the very first time! My family came over.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes!
22. How many one-night stands? 0
23. What was your favorite TV program? Lost
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read? The Second Nine Months.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Not sure.
27. What did you want and get? A healthy baby.
28. What did you want and not get? Nothing; I have all that I need.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Baby Mama!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 28; I spent it solo in London.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Nothing.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Wearing comfortable maternity wear.
33. What kept you sane? Bub.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most? Not sure.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Electing a new president.
36. Who did you miss? Ian when he’s in daycare.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Ian!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Motherhood can’t be described. And yes, it is an amazing adventure!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: No songs are coming to mind! I have to get back to work!