We leave for MD tomorrow morning, early. It’ll be Ian’s second plane trip and I think we’re all ready for a change of scenery and some good food and company.
The other morning as I sat with Ian on my lap while he drank his milk from his sippy, I started to think of how blessed I feel and what I’m thankful for:
- being able to give Ian milk after the many allergy scares we had early on in his infancy (and him loving it!)
- entering month three of being baby bottle free
- a supportive husband who is so helpful that he makes taking care of Ian easy
- being below pre-pregnancy weight (that could change after this week’s eating!)
- friends who keep in touch and make me laugh and who get me
- having a home and the ability to improve it not just so that it looks nice, but so that it is safer and better for Ian
- looking at life through Ian’s eyes–all smiles when he wakes up each morning; contentment while sleeping
Enjoy this time with your family and friends, and take a moment to be thankful for all that you have in your life. Not everyone is as lucky as you.
itsy bitsy mama